8/06/2018

Magnolia Monday and random thoughts

Today's #MagnoliaMonday photo taken with a Fuji X-100s.

I have a new iMac and I am slowly getting used to it.  I like the big Apple screen but I really miss the solid state hard drive that was in my old MacPro.  That MacPro drive was only 500GB and the iMac is 2TB but I would take the speed back in a heartbeat.  I love the wireless keyboard and I am slowly making friends with the new trackpad.  I am so glad that the keyboard and trackpad both have rechargeable batteries.  I also upgraded from a second generation Drobo to a Drobo 5D3 which uses Thunderbolt 3 instead of Firewire 800.

Another new thing that I am working through at the moment is Google Team Drives.  I have not been a huge fan of Drive but I think it is just lack of use.  I do like having all my photos online but that is still a work in progress as each year of digital photos is about 500GB and that takes a while to upload.  It is funny how I am looking forward to back to the 12 MP era cameras so the uploads will go so much faster.  In the last three hours, 6000 photos have uploaded.  I really love using the file transfer app FromSmash.com.  The only problem is it only keeps the uploads in the cloud for 7 days several times lately I have had to re-pull photos because people didn't download them in time.  I hope Google Drive or Team Drives help with that.

I am really looking forward to Jackson being home this weekend from his summer job in Alaska.

No comments: