6/08/2018

Channeling William Eggleston

I constantly am fighting the battle in my personal photography to be a generalist.  I love being a jack of all trades but when I am shooting what I like I all too often am just shooting flowers.  Nothing wrong  with shooting flowers but I don't want to be know as that guy that only takes flower pictures.  I look at lots of different photographer and William Eggleston is one that I really admire because he photographed such common everyday scenes.
I walked by the Aramark loading dock coming in to work and the light,  colors, texture and just the look and feel made me think of William Eggleston.  So here is to being a generalist.


"I am at war with the obvious." - William Eggleston

Photo notes-  I shot this photo with a Nikon D2Xs and a 
40mm F2.8 macro lens.  I am always a little taken back 
when I get phot  os that I really like using equipment that is so old.  
The fact is 8 year old cameras are digital dinosaurs
but they still can take amazing photos.




No comments: