2/02/2014

2-2-2014 Jail BBQ Jennings Osborne Style

For the last several years, on Super Bowl Sunday, we have been able to provide pizzas for the inmates at the White Co. Jail. Last year the pizzas were terrible and I decided we were doing something different. I looked at a few options, but when I got a great price from Whistle Stop BBQ in Searcy it was decided. We were having BBQ.


I set up my BBQ line just like Jennings Osborne would have done it.
First- carry out boxes got a bun
Second- pulled pork was put on the open bun
Third- sauce was added to the pork
Fourth- slaw
Fifth- BBQ beans
Sixth- spork, bag of chips and two peppermints

I had a great group of jail volunteers who helped put all of these trays together and pass them out across the jail. I had not given any hints at the jail about what we were having only that it was a surprise and that it would be good. Everyone I saw was happy.


I had a real mix of emotions doing this BBQ. I was happy we were doing it for the inmates. I was thankful for all those years of Osborne BBQ experience so I knew how to set everything up. It wasn't the same without JO, Mitzi, Breezy and the gang pushing those boxes down the line. It was hard to take photos because I was responsible for logistics of supplying the food line and getting the food delivered. After all the inmates were fed, we packaged up all the leftovers for the guards to have later tonight.

It was really fun and I truly am thankful for all of my friends that came to help. I couldn't have done it without you.

Most of all, To a God be the glory for everything that happened tonight.

No comments: