5/12/2013

128/365 Davis Morgan Baptism

5-8-2013

Wednesday was a terrible, horrible no good very bad day in my book.  I met with my small group for church in the student center at HU and they listened and we prayed and I was encouraged.  Just as we were leaving to go pick up our kids at the church building one of them mentioned that Davis Morgan was going to be baptized after church.


I love shooting baptisms and this one was special.  Davis is the school year between my boys so we have known Davis for a long time.  He is the son of Jeff and Christy Morgan.  Jeff is the mens basketball coach at HU and Christy is the womens golf coach.  The Morgans are a top notch family.

Thankfully, I had the Leica M8 with me and the following 8 images  were my favorite out of the 50 or so images that I took.  As I was shooting still images, Amy Baker was shooting video with Jeff Morgan's iPhone.  Just before he baptized Davis the phone ran out of memory.  I grabbed my iPhone which I had just downloaded all the photos from earlier in the day and gave it to Amy and we didn't miss the moment.






 I am including both the vertical and horizontal prayer shots because I just couldn't decide which one I like the best.

In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!  - Luke 15:7


No comments: