8/01/2011

Funerals


Today I attended the funeral of my good friend Jennings Osborne. In my years of life I have attended a good number of funerals and I've often left wishing I had known the person better. Today, I was so thankful and proud to have known Jennings Osborne and call him my friend. I am thankful for all the photos I have of him and all the memories. I keep thinking about Jennings stories to blog and there are just too many to log from my phone.

I have always loves sunsets and some of the most remarkable ones I've seen have been on days when someone I've known passed away or were buried. I wonder if it is a glimpse of the heavenly welcoming party.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While I occasionally grumble about going to funerals, I'm usually glad that I went by the time it was over. Even more so if I had been genuinely touched by the life of the person, as I know you have here.