2/25/2011

B&W Basketball

Tonight I shot basketball totally different than I did with the previous post. Saturday night was Decisive Moment shooting because I was using strobes that recycle about once every second. Tonight I shot available light with a Nikon D3S and a 24-70 F 2.8 lens with the camera set at ISO 8000 and the motor on 9fps. I think of this as more of a spray and pray type of shooting. I converted them to B&W because I like B&W better. We lost a tough game tonight to AR Tech in OT. Now we are moving on the the GSC tournament for the last time. In the fall the Bisons will be playing in the GAC, Great American Conference.

3 comments:

Jon Yoder said...

I was wondering what you were doing without the flash. :) Good work!

Andrea said...

I look at these photos of basketball and just sigh, in both admiration and self-frustration. If only I could do this!

Jeff's Photos said...

Andrea, don't give up I have years of practice on you and a budget to buy equipment. If you had those advantages you could do it as well.

I have been shooting the State 3A basketball tournament for the last 3 days. Right now I am not wanting to see another basketball photo for a while and I still have two more 10 hour days to go. Its not all as glamorous as it looks. I am glad you like the photos and keep practicing.