6/10/2009

Photo Quote


"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst."
- Henri Cartier-Bresson

I found this quote as a Tweet from magnumphotos.

Brings me to a couple of quick article links from my favorite online photo magazine, The Online Photographer.

If you notice Henri Cartier-Bresson is shooting with a Leica.
Here, here and here are the articles about how to learn photography.
I am doing the "Variations on a Theme" portion myself as I don't have a Leica. I do have a Kodak Signet 35 RF that my Mother-in-Law bought for me several years ago at an auction. It is a rangefinder and it has no meter so I am guessing exposure and I am using C-41 B&W and not using Tri-X as I don't have ready access to a darkroom anymore. I am only planning on doing it for the summer and not a year because as Henri pointed out I am past my worst photos. I am looking at this as a fun summer brush-up course in photography that will possibly yield a few memorable photos.

No comments: