5/09/2008

Mount Holly Cemetery

I get to shoot a lot of different things working for a university and then there are the freelance jobs that I shoot for Jennings Osborne. It is really hard to consider shooting a picnic in a cemetery that was begun in the 1800s as work. The place has so much character and history and it is one block off the freeway in Little Rock. Everywhere you looked there were beautiful flowers and landscaping.I hope you enjoy this slide show from the 4th Annual Mount Holly Cemetery Picnic and Fair. The band that played for the picnic was excellent and they played one of my favorite pieces of classical music- Alexander's Ragtime Band- so I decided that was appropriate music for the slide show.

Here is a link to more in formation on Mount Holly Cemetery.

2 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Why do they have a picnic in a cemetary? That's weird!

Jeff's Photos said...

I believe it is a fund raiser for renovations. I think they took in about $25,000 this year. I read an article in the paper about it but i can't find it online.