9/21/2007

Another Josie Story


Tonight, I was reading my friend Chelsea Robersons blog about her life as a Au Pair in Greece. Her story about the Sheep crossing reminded me of a Josie story. Last spring, I was taking Josie to spend the morning with her friend Joshua Olree. As we were driving down Bebee-Capps we got stopped at a red light and a big trailer full of cows was beside us. I asked Josie if she thought we should talk to the cows? Josie said Daaaad like you know that cows don't talk to people. I rolled down the window and mooed loudly to the cow who promptly mooed back. As I looked at Josie in the rear view mirror I don't know who was more surprised that that cow mooed back. The light turned green and we drove slowly holding up the morning traffic staying right beside the trailer and mooing at the cow. I would have never guessed that kids could give you such happy memories.

Josie is back tonight from staying the week with Julie's parents.

4 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

What a beautiful photo and cute story! And of course animals will talk back to you if you use thier language. I grew up on a farm and I know! Those cows were probably dissapppointed that you didn't give them food after mooing at them!

chelsea said...

Haha, great story! It's so funny how much more I can relate to the lives of a parent now that I'm an au pair. I spend more time with the kids than the parents do, so I feel really responsible for them and have grown a huge attachment to them even in the short time I've been here so far.

I've added you to my blog list so I can keep up with you better...thanks for reading my blog!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Tim took this photo of Josie off my computer...He thinks it is precious...never know when it wil show up as a painting.

Jeff's Photos said...

Hey Tammie. I am glad Tim liked the photos. It would be interesting to see a painting of Josie. She would never sit still for a painting.