6/27/2018

Getting out of a rut

 I have been feeling one-dimensional shooting flowers.  Nothing wrong with shooting flowers, but I am much more than a flower photographer.  I got Andre Kertesz's book Diary of Light in today through Library Loan and it is inspiring.  He took a camera everywhere and he has all these wonderful photos.  I want to be like that and I am, I just don't always post them and sometimes it is pretty heavy on the flowers.  Today, I went to Uplift to see singing time which didn't happen because it was slideshow and group photo day.  But before things started there was happy music playing and people were dancing and I was sitting by this dude on the front row who was not dancing.  Nothing wrong with dancing but I am not a dancer.  I only dance to embarrass my kids. I took his photo because I felt a connection with this kid. No high tech gear just workable equipment and a knowledge of a moment of shared experience with a stranger.



The moment always dictates in my work. 
What I feel, I do. 
This is the most important thing for me. 
Everybody can look, but they don't necessarily see. 
I never calculate or consider; 
I see a situation and I know that it's right,
 even if I have to go back to get the proper lighting. 
Andre Kertesz



Ben Hansen



watching a slide show

Uplift Session 3 Group photo

Photo info- Nikon D700, Nikon 35mmF2, edited in Adobe Lightroom

No comments: