5/20/2018

Photographing with Josie

Tonight we had to go to Walmart because we were out of toilet paper.  Driving home down Park Avenue I saw this locomotive sitting on the tracks in this wonderful light.  I dropped Julie and Jamie at home and Josie was out shooting photos so I got her to go back with me to see if the light was still good.  Rarely do you see something and go back a few minutes later and it is still good but I lucked out tonight.  






 I took Josie with me because she has shown a passing interest in photography this week.  She actually is taking a photography class this fall when school starts back.  The yearbook teacher and my friend Dr. Tod Traughber has been teaching the photography class at Harding Academy and he has developed some really pretty good photographers.  I am excited for Jo to take the class and to see if she likes it or not.  I haven't looked at her photos yet but i bet she got some good ones.  Also, I am completely spoiling her by letting her shoot with a Nikon D3s and a 35mm F2 lens.  I shot all my images with an old Nikon D700 and a Tamron 28-200 lens.  It really is not about the equipment it is about the vision you have and the work you do to capture the vision.




No comments: