4/28/2018

Treasuring things in your heart.

Today as the national anthem was being played,  I spotted these parents looking out as their son got ready to play his last college baseball game. This image brought some emotion to me as I snapped it.

I understand their feelings.  Jackson is a senior and about to graduate from Harding Academy. We have been through senior day in football and baseball and graduation is next Sunday.  We are so proud as parents.  We have loved and invested in our kids for their entire lives.  Jackson is ready to move on to college.  Letting go for parents is a hard thing.  We don't want to stop him we just want to remember a little longer so we will treasure these moments in our hearts.


 I feel the same way about my college kids that are graduating.  Julia, Abigail and KJ or just three of a number of kids that I have grown to love over the last 4 years.  I just happen to have photos of these three.  Julia and Abigail were students of mine in photography class and I love them.  They have continued to be my student photographers and more importantly my friends over the last four years.  KJ is an athletic trainer and I met her on the Harding Academy football sidelines and she is such a sweet girl and I am going to miss her as well.  These girls are moving on to greater things and I am thankful for these photos and the treasured memories I have of each of them.


But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19

No comments: