4/16/2018

Laura Bush


(Photo Credit- Abby Tran)
Tonight was a great night at Harding with Former First Lady Laura Bush.
You get to meet a lot of interesting people when you are a photographer and I have now been privileged to meet both President Bush 41 and 43 as well as Former First Lady Barbara Bush.  They have all been so kind and easy to work with.  As I walked up to get my photo with her, she smiled and said "this has been painless. " Those are words I will treasure.  I remember George H. Bush telling me that everything had been smooth and telling me thanks.  My respect for this family is great and I am so thankful that I have been able to be the photographer at these events.

The photo area in Cone chapel was walled off with a 10 ft drape for privacy.  It was funny as people would enter the area they would see Mrs. Bush and then they saw me and a Secret Service Agent and they would wave at me.  I believe they were just taken back by the fact that I was wearing a tie.  The SS agent leaned over at one point and asked if I knew everyone.  I didn't know everyone but I did know a large percentage and that is a blessing.  I have a job I love and I work with and around lots of good people.

No comments: