2/10/2018

Frosty Grass

Thursday, I was filling up my van at the gas station at the corner of of Benton and Park and I noticed the field across Benton which is full of tall grass was also covered in frost.  After I finished the gas I grabbed my camera and walked across the street into the field and shot for about 10 minutes.  I got lots of photos that I liked but this was the one that when I saw it I knew I had what I was looking for.  I was using a Nikon D500 with a 40mm macro and shooting in b&w mode while shooting raw files.  Shooting in b&w and raw lets me see my images as b&w on the camera and when I get them to Adobe Lightroom it converts them to color because they are raw (.nef) files.  This was the perfect camera to have because of the way the back screen flips out so I could hold it really low and use live view to see how to compose.  I was able to get the sun inside the arching blades of grass to backlight the frost perfectly. 

I posted this photo to my social media accounts with the following photo quote.

"Art is Man's nature. Nature is God's art." - James Bailey

No comments: