1/27/2014

1-26-2014 Thoughts on he passing of Lisa Carr




Lately, I have been seeing patterns of life in the shape of trees.

Lisa Carr passed away today after a seven and a half year battle with cancer.

First off, I didn't personally know Lisa Carr. I know her husband and her daughter Mary and I know several members of her extended family.

My daughter Jenna is friends with Mary Carr. Jenna spent a good amount of time during her high school years at the Carr house. Lisa Carr had a strong positive influence on my daughter.

Getting back to the trees, I see Jenna as the small foreground tree. She is still growing and maturing and I have to tell you I am a proud father. I see the big strong tree in the background as Lisa Carr. Jenna was just one small twig of a branch in Lisa's tree. From the posts I've read today, I understand that Lisa Carr had a broad far reaching influence. I thank God for Lisa Carr and all the others that I don't know that have had a positive impact on Jenna and my other children.

I am thankful that I have some limited understanding of Jenna's influence for good in this world. Only God knows what Jenna's tree will look like in the future.

Jesus said- “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. (Matthew 5:14-16 NLT)


No comments: