9/01/2012

Hurricane Isaac Football



The Jr High football team and Jackson's 7th grade team opened the season in Des Arc. Why in the world there was a 40 minute wait between games I don't know. Since this is my first season as football Dad I have lots of things to learn. I know I am thankful that we have athletic trainers and the fact that we have trainers is a dose of reality that this can be a dangerous game that Jackson plays.

It rained and the wind gusted all night as Hurricane Isaac was blowing across Arkansas giving us relief from the severe drought conditions and burn bans of the long dry summer. This cute little coupe used to be in our Sunday school class just a couple of years ago. I love watching these little kids grow up to be Wildcats.

I wouldn't sit under that umbrella either. Thankfully, Razorback football starts today.

Friday night the Wildcat game was called in less than a quarter. The score was already 21-0 as Kohl Blickenstaff and the Wildcats put on a football clinic.

We had to clear the stands because of lightning in the area. The sky was amazing as the clouds blew across the stadium.

I took all of these photos with the Hipstamatic App on my iPhone4.




I love the natural warm to cool color gradation of this sky




The variety of looks and colors was truly an open air Heavenly produced art show.

No comments: