9/28/2010

Saturday Frog Hunt on Film

There is nothing like Frog Hunting with Josie. Saturday afternoon after the Razorback game we went over to Harding Park and trolled around the creek to see if we could find any frogs. We heard a bunch of frogs croaking but we didn't catch any. Still we had fun.

I was having fun as well shooting our Frog Hunt on film. Shooting film is like giving yourself a surprise present. I love the anticipation of waiting to see the film at the lab and seeing if you got anything. I also love using film cameras and on this shoot I was using my rangefinder Hasselblad Xpan. Funny story about this roll of film. I finished it while standing on a rock in the middle of the creek as you can see from the photo above. I was thinking I ought to get out of the creek before I change film so I don't drop it in the water. Well, I dropped it, but thankfully it landed on a tuft of grass at the edge of the water and only got the bottom of the case a little wet. I still didn't know for sure that no water went in the cassette and ruined the film until this morning when I got the film from the lab.

Even if the film had been ruined, I still had an afternoon Frog Hunt with my baby and that is more important than the pictures. Thankfully I have both,

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like these black and white pictures! Well done, as always.

Jeff's Photos said...

Thanks Steve.

Jennifer Hannigan said...

The lack of surprise is the downfall of digital cameras. It was fun to get your pack of pictures and weed through them.

Also, I feel quite special to be in your sidebar!

Robert & Meredith said...

These are some sweet pictures and memories made. Great job, Jeff.

Anonymous said...

You're supposed to build frog houses out of dirt at the end of the cotton turn row. We used to build whole frog cities when I was a kid at the end of the turn row and then build a wall with the dirt high enough that the frogs couldn't jump out. we'd play with those poor frogs forever. I know they were so glad when we got tired of playing and let them go! But we had so much fun!

Tammie Hacker

Andrea said...

Jeff, I just love the waterfall picture. Man I wish you lived here in the Memphis area. I need you to take pics of my kids!