2/02/2009

Lucy can Spell

photo by Julie Montgomery's iPhone


Jamie was the 5th grade alternate on the Harding Academy Spelling Bee Team this past week. She has studied and studied and I am so proud of her. I didn't get to go because of an annual office planning meeting. One night when Jamie was studying she gave me the word edidermis ( which I just looked up because my spelling was so bad Spell Check had no idea what I was talking about) and I thought about how to spell and I went with my usual method which is to think of another word that means the same thing so I spelled it s-k-i-n. We had a good laugh and went on, she knows I can't spell.

When I was in 5th grade we all got to try out for the spelling bee. I was such an idealist, I thought that sounded fun. I was the first person in my class that had to sit down- the word was address which I spelled a-d-r-e-s-s.

1 comment:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Congratulations, Lucy Jamie! You must get your smarts from your mom!