11/01/2008

Happy Fridge


This is what a happy fridge looks like. Coke Zero is my cola of choice these days. This photo is old but it never got blogged and I really liked it. My fridge currently has Peach Tea and Sam's Choice flavored waters in Peach, Lime, and Strawberry Kiwi. You might wonder why I have a fridge in my office? FILM. I used to keep this fridge stocked with Tmax 100, 400, 3200 and Kodak Portra 400NC in 35mm 100ft rolls. I also kept Tmax 400 and Ilford 3200 in 120. Now I am a Tri-X fan but for all those years I used Tmax 400 because it was supposed to have better grain which it did but the latitude was not the same of Tri-X. I did also keep Tmax 400 in 4x5 as well but it seldom was used. In color we used Fujichrome 100 in 35mm and 120. We shot the 120 in our Bronica ETRS. That was a fun camera. We have the 40mm, 75mm and 150mm lenses for it. I miss film sometimes because in the old days when I felt like I was stuck in a rut I would just put the 35mm cameras up for a week or so and shoot medium format. There is no real digital equivalent of that these days, unless I bought an digital back for the Bronica and that is not going to happen. If you are still reading this I applaud your dedication to the randomness of my thoughts this morning. I bought 4 rolls of B&W 35mm film this week. Now........which camera will be called up for service.

No comments: