10/08/2008

The Noah Issue of Harding Magazine


At Harding we publish our magazine three times a year, January, May, and October. The October edition just came out and it is dominated by one of my student workers Noah Darnell. I met Noah one day when he sheepishly came into my office and introduced himself. I had already heard great things about Noah from the Dean of the College of Nursing, Cathy Shultz and she had seen some of his photography and told him he should come and meet me and that I might give him a job. I am always skeptical when I hear about a kid who just loves to take photos, because about one out of a hundred has any talent. Noah is the one. I met him about a week before school was out for the summer and told him to come back and see me in the fall. He came back and i started giving him work.

By the way, I have another student worker named Craig Rainbolt who is also a great photographer. Craig and Noah both work for student publications on campus. Noah is the Head Yearbook Photographer and Craig is the Head Sports Photographer for the newspaper. Having two student photographers like Craig and Noah is awesome. They really help me get a lot of work done.

Back to Noah now, he worked all fall and was in my Basic Photography class. In the spring he went to study at our campus in Greece. While in Greece he kept a blog of photos and stories from his travels around the Mediterranean. We in the PR office were faithful readers of the Fledgling Photographer Blog. We decided that his travel stories as well as his photos could be a really cool feature for the October Harding Magazine. Well we have the magazine published and it is a hit. Here is a link to Noah's post about Harding Magazine. Here is a link to Craig's webpage as well. I hope you will go and check out my guys web pages and admire their great work.

No comments: